Accredited for 5 CE hours by Georgia’s Office of Insurance
People with valid Georgia insurance licenses eligible to claim credits
Registration and Networking Breakfast
Opening Remarks from the Chairperson
Keynote: How to Develop a Personal Leadership Style
In this inspiring and empowering keynote, one of the foremost entrepreneurs will share rare insight into how she achieved personal and business success.
- How to be a resilient and authentic leader in a male dominated industry
- Personal development: unique skills and characteristics that will help drive success
- What is the mindset required to rise to the top of your industry?
Communication and Negotiation Consulting , Forward Focusing
Panel: The Impostor Syndrome & The Value of Mentorship
In an honest panel conversation, some of the industry's top executives will share advice for navigating self-doubt as a rising leader and the value in supporting others through mentorship. Whether you are a current leader or a manager in training, we can always learn from one another.
- Identifying impostor syndrome and how to overcome it
- Tools to quiet self-doubt
- Being your authentic self - introvert vs extrovert
- How to create a support network at work: mentoring, reverse mentoring and sponsorship
SVP, Financial Services Division , McGriff, Seibels & Williams Inc
South Regional Executive - Senior Vice President , Zurich North America
Strategic Insurance Executive
Program Director, Executive Vice President , Insurisk
Global President TPA Solutions , Broadspire
Morning Refreshments and Networking BreakHosted by:
Mental Wellbeing in the Workplace
Deadlines, decisions and commitments are a natural part of the workplace. But when they start to cloud your perspective, it's important to make a change. This session will address simple steps you (and your company) can take to minimize professional and personal stress and increase your overall mental wellbeing.
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) to help mitigate stress (i.e. guidance with new parent childcare, elderly parent support, professional shopper or travel planning, etc.)
- Exercise and mindfulness practices to increase productivity
- Work/life balance: How to be successful in both our personal and professional life
- Tools your company can use to screen for mental wellbeing and support your entire staff
SVP Corporate Development, M&A, and Healthcare , Sedgwick
Body Language for Leaders
As a leader, the way you interact with others and present yourself can demonstrate your ability to confidently lead and effectively work on a team. Join us for this important session that will help you examine your own body language and make minor tweaks to more successful leading meetings, conversing in the boardroom or even when interacting with colleagues.
- Assess how your body language signals are perceived
- Discover how to align your body language with your words
- Determine how to make a positive first impression
- Identify how to convey confidence
Executive Coach , Jody Michael Associates
Panel: The Business Value of Diversity
The value of having diverse representation within the workplace is well documented and an increasingly important factor for clients who want to see broad representation that reflects their own experiences. However, engagement and support from company leadership is critical in achieving true diversity and inclusion in the insurance sector. This panel will examine successful diversity initiatives and business perspectives and strategies for creating a true culture of belonging.
- Reflecting on your own leadership: What's working & what isn't working?
- Initiatives to increase participation of underrepresented groups in leadership
- Diversity of thought - practical tips to attract diverse candidates and build diverse teams
- Business consideration: why diversity matters in insurance
Global Client Advocate , Willis Tower Watson
Head of Human Resources, Hiscox Partner , Hiscox
Vice President, Public Company Divisional Underwriting Officer , AIG
President , Capital City Mediations
Regional Director , CRC Group
Afternoon Refreshments and Networking BreakHosted by:
Career Planning: Why, How, What
No matter where you are in your career, it's important to keep looking ahead. Hear from a respected career coach on why you should be thinking about your next career move, how to take a step forward toward your goals and what you can do right now.
- Defining success: Does it have to be about the C-suite?
- What steps can you take today to reach your goals?
- Non-traditional vs traditional paths - thinking outside of the box
- How to gain more experience in your day to day job
President & CEO , Pathbuilders
Panel: Leaders Today and the Next Generation Tomorrow
For perhaps the first time ever, companies have to manage four generations within the workplace. But what can we do to create leadership pathways for the emerging generation of Millenials and GenZers? How can companies optimize a multi-generational workplace and build up a stronger industry that authentically attracts and supports the next generation of female talent? How can you successfully lead diverse teams with distinct attributes and differing motivations?
- Traditional roles: how is the way we run and construct teams changing in the workplace?
- Advice for building a strong company culture
- Effective strategies to attract, engage and retain millennial and GenZ women within the industry
- Best practices to keep the next generation excited and fuel their passion
- Inside the industry: are we doing enough to promote our industry?
Regional Director Northeast US , Lloyd's
National Construction Practice Leader , USI Insurance Services
Executive Vice President , Equitable Advisors
Lecturer - Terry College of Business , University of Georgia - Athens
Senior Vice President, Business Development - The Americas , McLarens