Registration and virtual orientation
Global Production Manager, Key Media
Opening keynote: Growing for gold
In this session, you will hear from an Olympic gold medalist as she shares insight into the work invested to reach her goal – which wouldn’t have been possible without her teammates. This is collaborative leadership at its finest.
Four-time Olympic gold medalist, Swimming
Panel: Choosing resilience
Resilience is a buzzword in our culture right now – but especially as we enter a post-COVID business environment, it is proving to be an important trait for leaders looking to excel. This session will feature industry leaders sharing moments that required resilience, as well as the skills they leaned upon to succeed.
- What is resilience, and how can you develop your own level of resilience?
- What essential techniques can you use for resilience training?
- Self-awareness, mental agility, optimism, and other traits to focus on
- Tips for how to cope with stress and use it to perform better
President and CEO, Tangram Insurance Services
President, Monarch E&S Insurance Services
President – Casualty SF, RT Specialty
Networking and coffee break
Cyber insurance: Navigating coverage in a digital age
With an increase in cyber incidents impacting companies globally, every business is at risk. The insurance industry is no exception, especially in our new hybrid work environments. This topic will cover why going digital is the answer. We will cover the following in the breakout session:
- What is cyber insurance?
- Why is it important?
- New ways to distribute cyber insurance
- Digital is the answer!
Head of Underwriting, Cowbell Cyber
Fireside chat: Diversity and inclusion initiatives that are working
It’s been a year of disappointments and lost battles, but also moments of freeing change and hope. As an industry, it’s important that we continue to have candid conversations about how we can tangibly move forward and grow together through diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). In this session, we will hear from select transformational leaders on key initiatives that are moving the pendulum forward.
- The problem of positive discrimination
- Creating a truly inclusive culture – what’s working?
- Companies and programs that stand out in terms of DEI
- Where are we failing as an industry?
Director - Carrier Engagement; VP - Carrier Practice, Gallagher Bassett
Vice President, Senior Account Executive, Woodruff Sawyer
Chief Diversity Officer, American International Group, Inc. (AIG)
Achieving growth and exposure in a hybrid working environment
This session tackles the paradox of flexibility and exposure in this new working environment. As organizations are returning to the office in some capacity, many are also offering more work from home options. With that flexibility, some may be wondering if there are trade-offs to choosing more flexible work opportunities.
- How are those that take advantage of working from home missing out on key exposure opportunities that could impact their career?
- How can meaningful exposure to leaders, team management and growth opportunities still be available to those who choose a more flexible work schedule?
- What types of solutions allow for equitable opportunities for all types of work styles?
Executive Vice President, Head of U.S. Property, Arch Insurance Group Inc.
Area Vice Chairman and Senior Managing Director, Global Practice Leader-Real Estate & Hospitality, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Senior Vice President, Industry Practice Lead, Arch Insurance Group Inc.
Networking and lunch break
Panel: Strategies for a remote workforce: How insurance leaders can make a difference in mental health
With an increase in reported mental health issues among employees during the COVID-19 crisis, companies are now shifting their priorities toward employee wellbeing. Especially in a hybrid or even fully remote workspace, what behaviors can employers incorporate to create a safer, more supportive workplace culture? How can the insurance industry move the conversation on mental health from discussion to action so that it becomes the 'norm'? In this session, we will discuss best practices for creating a positive work environment that truly supports your team.
- Developing effective initiatives to manage mental health and stress in a remote workforce
- Establishing a culture of support through empathetic leadership
- Mindfulness, ERG groups, and other tools to help employees find balance
- Creating psychological safety in the C-Suite
Senior Claims Director, AmRisc Group
Vice President of Client Services, TheBest Claims Solutions
Coach, Coaching YOU Upward, LLC
Chief People Officer, Marsh McLennan Agency
Panel: Innovation: Evolving as an insurance market
Especially after a shocking year, innovation in the workplace remains necessary to stay relevant and competitive amid rapidly changing markets. How can companies create a culture of innovation and skillfully lead? What technological changes will companies and leaders likely need to embrace to be successful? Hear from key leaders as they share how the insurance industry has progressed in 2021 and where we are heading.
- How has innovation played a role in your company and influenced your leadership principles?
- Finding client success in a remote world
- Virtual leadership: Communicating without face-to-face interaction
- What we can expect to see in insurance in 2022 and beyond
Resident Sales Director, Managing Director, Aon Commercial Risk Solutions
Executive Vice President Risk Management, Jordan Foster Construction
Head Underwriting Center Brazil, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions Brasil
CEO & Co-founder, Noyo
Networking and coffee break
Closing keynote: Challenging gender stereotypes and biases
Successful leaders embrace different perspectives, and often this uniqueness is what allows individuals to naturally thrive. How do gender stereotypes affect your ability to achieve your potential as a leader in the workplace? How can rising and established leaders confidently and authentically address gender biases? This session will provide perspective from a respected leader as she shares real examples of achieving incredible goals without sacrificing her values.
Negotiation, Communication & Leadership Coaching, Forward Focusing