Registration & Virtual Orientation
Managing Editor , Insurance Business America
Keynote: Learn to Lead with Confidence and Male Allyship
Do you find yourself apologizing for no reason? Are you a perfectionist or people-pleaser? Tired of saying “yes” to everyone else’s demands of your time? Do you feel like your confidence is perceived as cockiness? Are you wondering how men can be part of the solution too?
- Why women over apologize and how we can switch out “apology-lingo” for leadership-lingo
- What we can learn from the differences between how men and women handle success and failure
- Unlocking the power in creating a support network with male and female allies
- How to deal with failures so you don’t internalize them
Sociologist, Author & Confidence-researcher , Professor Maja Inc.
Panel: Taking a Risk – How do you Further Your Career
It’s natural to want to stay in your comfort zone, but is fear preventing you from moving up or trying something new? Taking a risk can look different depending on where you are in your career; however it’s necessary for both organizations and individuals looking to stay relevant and thrive. Explore how top leaders in the industry have navigated risks in their career, and beyond insurance – what you can do once you’ve “hit the top.”
- Steps to manage risks and get out of your comfort zone
- How to stand out while working from your dining room table
- What can you do next to challenge yourself and grow as a leader?
- Using your talents to be heard: write a book, serve on a board, start a committee and beyond
- How to excel in your current position while remaining open to opportunities
Immediate Past President , National Association of Health Underwriters
Managing Director, Head of Retirement for Global Services & Solutions , Willis Towers Watson
Managing Director , Jacobson
CFO , Davies Claims Solutions - US
Networking & Coffee break
Panel: How to Build a Rewarding MentorshipBrought to you by:
Studies show that strong mentor relationships can increase opportunities in the workplace, impacting promotions, pay raises and overall career success. From a business standpoint, companies that support mentoring show higher levels of employee loyalty, engagement and initiative. But how do you get paired with the right mentor? And as a mentor, will having a mentee actually benefit you? This panel will feature key mentors and their mentees as they share best practices & lessons learned –professionally and personally.
- The process for finding the right mentor/mentee: do’s and don’ts
- Dedication & time: is it worth it?
- Biggest topics discussed monthly
- Advice and biggest takeaways for mentees/mentors
- How to create and promote opportunities for cross-generational, diverse mentoring
President and CEO , Sapphire Blue
Global Vice President, Analytics & Data Services , Guidewire Software
Underwriting Manager-Michigan, Heartland Region , Selective Insurance Company of America
Director, Broker Strategy , CNA
Senior Underwriter- North America Financial Lines , Chubb
Know Your Personal Brand
Developing a strong personal brand is essential to developing as a leader. Are you consistently living your personal brand every day? What does it have to do with a successful career? This session will navigate the power of knowing your personal brand and tools for using it to grow and impact others as you lead in the workplace.
- How do I know my personal brand?
- Tools to articulate your personal brand at work
- How can you develop your position as a leader while working from home?
- Serving others vs. self-promotion
- Advice for continuing to develop your identity as a leader
Area Executive VP, Northeast Region , Arthur J. Gallagher
Approaching LinkedIn with a Strategy and the Gift of Social ReciprocityBrought to you by:
With increasing technology, no matter what your role is, there is an expectation to stay current and have an online presence definitely on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is rapidly influencing the face of the insurance industry, not just from a business perspective but also from a personal development standpoint. This session will examine how you can use LinkedIn to build your brand, develop powerful relationships, and how to really stand out from the competition.
- How to develop your LinkedIn professional career story as a vehicle for new opportunities
- Tips for attracting valuable professional interactions
- Advice for setting boundaries between LinkedIn (social media) and your work
- The importance of Social Reciprocity to earn trust
- How to gain credibility through thought leadership
LinkedIn Trainer & President , Linked-Express
Panel: Leading the Change
In a very unique, transitioning insurance market, few would argue against the need for increased diversity in leadership. But how can we move this conversation forward in insurance? In an effort to build an authentically inclusive workplace, senior leaders will analyze the current status of the industry and how to advance diversity, equity and inclusion from discussion into action.
- Gender balance and the talent gap: Trends in the industry today
- What can we learn from the next generation’s approach equity in the workplace?
- Advice for how you can help support diversity in your workplace
- Innovation – where are we going in 2020?
Head of Diversity and Inclusion , Zurich North America
Market Head of Community Activation, Community Affairs , Aetna
Clinical Professor & Director Davey Risk Management & Insurance Program , Butler University
Vice President of Personal Lines , Founders Insurance Company
Vice President, Fundamental Underwriters , AF Group