Registration and virtual orientation
Global Production Manager, Key Media
Opening keynote: Growing for gold
In this session, you will hear from a Paralympic medalist as she shares insights into the work she invested to reach her goal – which wouldn’t have been possible without her teammates. This is collaborative leadership at its finest.
3x Paralympic Skiing Medalist, First-ever Blind Contestant on DWTS
Panel: Choosing resilience
Resilience is a buzzword in our culture right now, and as we enter a post-COVID business environment, it is proving to be a particularly important trait for leaders looking to excel. This session will feature industry leaders as they share moments that required resilience and the skills they leaned upon to succeed.
- What is resilience and how can you develop your own level of resilience?
- What essential techniques can you use for resilience training?
- Self-awareness, mental agility, optimism, and other traits to focus on
- Tips for how to cope with stress and use it to perform better
SVP, Specialty Construction, Arch Insurance Group Inc.
Underwriting Technical Specialist, State Auto
Executive Vice President, Lockton Companies
Networking and coffee break
Breakout session: How mentorship looks in 2021
Fireside chat: Diversity and inclusion initiatives that are working
It’s been a year of disappointments and lost battles, but also times of freeing change and hope. As an industry, it’s important that we continue to have candid conversations about how we can tangibly move forward and grow together through diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). In this session, select transformational leaders discuss key initiatives that are moving the pendulum forward.
- The problem with positive discrimination
- Creating a truly inclusive culture – what’s working?
- Companies and programs that stand out in terms of DEI
- Where are we failing as an industry?
Client Service Executive, Financial Institutions Practice, Gallagher
Director of Personal Lines, Hanover Insurance Group
Creativity and its radical impact on team cohesion, engagement, and your leadership
Creativity is not just for kids and artists. Universally touted as the skill you and your company need to survive and thrive this decade, creativity is an elemental human gift. Leaders who prioritize creativity drive better individual and organizational results, team cohesion, engagement, decreased turnover, increased job satisfaction and performance, and even profitability. But what does that everyday creativity in the workplace look like, and how can you utilize it to stand out as a leader?
- Comparing divergent with convergent creativity
- What barriers and obstacles prevent individual creativity?
- Exploring the Creative Problem Solving framework and how it applies to you
- What are the benefits to organizational performance of leading with creativity?
Panel: Strategies for a remote workforce: How insurance leaders can make a difference in mental health
With an increase in reported mental health issues among employees during the COVID-19 crisis, companies are now shifting their priorities toward employee wellbeing. Especially in a hybrid or even fully remote workspace, what behaviors can employers incorporate to create a safer, more supportive workplace culture? How can the insurance industry move the conversation on mental health from discussion to action so that it becomes the 'norm'? In this session, panelists discuss best practices for creating a positive work environment that truly supports your team.
- Developing effective initiatives to manage mental health and stress in a remote workforce
- Establishing a culture of support through empathetic leadership
- Mindfulness, ERG groups, and other tools to help find balance
- Creating psychological safety in the C-suite
Vice President of Client Services, TheBest Claims Solutions
Head of P&C Claims Sales and Service, The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc
SVP Global Client Executive, Major Accounts, Chubb
Networking and lunch break
Panel: Innovation: Evolving as an insurance market
Especially after a shocking year, innovation in the workplace remains necessary to stay relevant and competitive amid rapidly changing markets. How can companies create a culture of innovation and skillfully lead? What technological changes will insurance companies and their leaders likely need to embrace to be successful? Hear from key leaders as they share how the insurance industry has progressed in 2021 and where it is heading.
- How has innovation played a role in your company and influenced your leadership principles?
- Finding client success in a remote world
- Virtual leadership: Communicating without face-to-face interaction
- What we can expect to see in insurance in 2022 and beyond
Chief Operating Officer, Texas Mutual Insurance Company
Closing keynote: Challenging gender stereotypes and biases
Successful leaders embrace different perspectives, and often this uniqueness is what allows individuals to naturally thrive. How do gender stereotypes impact your chances of achieving your potential as a leader in the workplace? How can rising and established leaders confidently and authentically address gender biases? This session will provide perspective from a respected leader as she shares real examples of achieving incredible goals without sacrificing her values.
Negotiation, Communication & Leadership Coaching, Forward Focusing