All in Eastern Standard Time (EST), UTC -5
Registration & Virtual Orientation
Managing Editor, Insurance Business Magazine
Opening Keynote: Leadership at any level
In this empowering keynote, respected industry leader will discuss her experience as a woman in insurance and obstacles she has overcome during her career journey. She will also discuss how ultimately you can positively influence others in the workplace to improve the direction of a company, no matter your role.
- Building a supportive environment for women in safety: what does it take?
- Tangible ways you can influence work culture - including the boardroom
- How to be a team player in challenging situations
- Common traits of a great leader
- Your role as a leader to drive change: personally and professionally
Founder and CEO, Trimuel Enterprises, LLC
Panel: Taking a risk – How do you further your career
It’s natural to want to stay in your comfort zone, but is fear preventing you from moving up or trying something new? Taking a risk can look different depending on where you are in your career; however it’s necessary for both organizations and individuals looking to stay relevant and thrive. Explore how top leaders in the industry have navigated risks in their career, and beyond insurance – what you can do once you’ve “hit the top.”
- Steps to manage risks and get out of your comfort zone
- How to stand out while working from your dining room table
- What can you do next to challenge yourself and grow as a leader?
- Using your talents to be heard: write a book, serve on a board, start a committee and beyond
- How to excel in your current position while remaining open to opportunities
Founder and CEO, Boundless Consulting Group
Global Head of Sales, Innoveo
Managing Director, Commercial Executive Team, US Financial Services, Microsoft
Director of Risk Management Services, Hub International Limited
Sr. VP & General Manager, National Insurance Risk Management, Liberty Mutual Insurance
Evolving in 2021: How insurance leaders can make a difference in mental health
Workplace mental health has been catapulted to the top of the management agenda in 2020. For many, 2020 has been a fatiguing year. What behaviors can employers incorporate to create a safer, more supportive workplace culture? How can the insurance industry move the conversation on mental health from discussion into action, so that it becomes the “norm”? In this session, we will discuss best practices for creating a positive work environment that truly supports employees.
- A new year: where are we?
- What can employers tangibly do to foster a healthy workplace culture?
- What kind of mental health initiatives and resources are proving effective?
- Mindfulness, ERG groups and other tools to help find balance
- Creating psychological safety in the C-Suite
Vice President Operations, Genpact
Lead Client Partner, Genpact
Her Workplace: Exploring women in the work force
Chief Executive Officer, SambaSafety
Networking & Coffee break
Panel: Beyond mentorship: Becoming allies, champions and advocates for the next generation
Mentors have always played a critical role in offering guidance, inspiration, and support for women in the profession. Yet their role is only part of the equation for driving change and achieving true equality in leadership roles. Advocates and champions in the insurance profession are needed more than ever to ensure women flourish in leadership positions. What are some practical ways to effectively use mentors and champions to achieve career objectives? How can one move from being a mentor to becoming a champion and advocate? What are some examples of concrete actions that have been effective for improving leadership opportunities?
- Mentor vs champion: what is the difference and where do they fit?
- Leveraging the right allies and constituencies to promote equity and inclusion
- What are some actions men can take to be better allies?
- Going beyond your organization – using external advocates and champions
- Tips for engaging potential champions to be your advocate
President, Caprio Consulting
Global Relationship Leader, Diversity and Inclusion, Crawford & Co
Director of Underwriting, Florida Peninsula
Founder and CEO, Lead at Any Level LLC
Chief Client Officer and CEO US Multinational Clients, Aon Risk Solutions
Working from home: How’s that working for you?
2020 is finally in hindsight, but what's changed? The pandemic has resulted in a "new normal," and it doesn’t seem to be changing any time soon. In this 45-minute session, a work-from-home expert shares simple tools and "juicy tidbits" for addressing a few of the challenges related to working from home including:
- How to align your mind for true success in 2021
- The 3 R's for making working from home actually work
- The first step toward decluttering your life
Work-From-Home Expert, #1 Bestselling Author
Panel: Owning your personal brand
The first step to crafting your personal brand is to lay a foundation that you can confidently and authentically build upon. In this impactful session, we navigate the power of knowing your personal brand, how to tell your story, how to be consistent, how to be ready to fail, and tools that are available to help you grow and establish your brand and online presence.
- What is a personal brand and why is it important?
- Where do I start? Steps to building your personal brand
- How can you develop your position as a leader while working from home?
- Tools to articulate your personal brand at work
Senior Vice President – Client Executive, Marsh
Partner and Co-Chair, Insurance and Catastrophic Loss Group of Robins Kaplan LLP
Global FINEX Industry Segmentation Leader – North America, Senior Vice President, Broker, Willis Towers Watson
Head of Product, Intuit QuickBooks Insurance
Closing Keynote: Diversifying the workforce—Essential, urgent, and long overdue
In a market that continues to change, few would argue against the need for increased diversity in insurance. But how can we move this conversation forward in insurance? Striving to build an authentically inclusive workplace, this closing keynote will analyze the current status of the industry and how to advance diversity, equity and inclusion from discussion into action.
- What can we learn from the next generation’s approach to equity in the workplace?
- Gender and beyond: advice for how you can help support diversity in your workplace
- What do you say? How do you support others when you’re unsure
- How does a diverse and inclusive workplace promote innovation and deliver better results?
EVP & Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer, Liberty Mutual Insurance